Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pat Tillman Run

Yesterday I ran the Pat Tillman run in Tempe. Its a 4.2 mile run to honor Pat Tillman that ends on the 42nd yardline of the ASU Stadium. When I registered 2 months ago, my goal was to finish in 38-40 minutes. But with my slight lack of training, the day of the race my hope was just to beat 42 minutes and average a 10 minute mile. Well I ended up finishing in 38:42, so I was STOKED.
The best part of all is that my parents ran it with us and they did AMAZING! For my mom who is the farthest thing from a runner to even do the race and finish with a pretty darn good time made me super proud! This is one of the amazing blessings of living in the same state with my sister and parents. Now if only we could get Amber here we'd be complete! :)
Anywho, here are some pictures from race day.



 We really aren't all THAT excited that we just finished.. My dad threw water at us at the same time they snapped the photo.
These girls are crazy fast...
My fam came out to support me!
Van was super comfy in his stroller and passed out :)

No comments: