Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011 - The Best Christmas Yet!

Let me start by saying- This was the BEST Christmas ever.

Not because of the gifts I received or gave... but because having a son and watching HIM enjoy the day was better than I could even imagine! Christmas is so much more special when you get to watch your little man get excited about things. We started off the day with 8:00am church which means no gifts until MUCH later. Immediately after church followed nap time, THEN gifts. It was wonderful to get to go to church on Christmas and hear Christmas Hymns to remind you what the day is truely about.
Vander passed out asleep in the middle of Sacrament meeting while Joel and I scratched his arms. (Exhausted I'm sure from Christmas Eve festivities the night before)
For Christmas from Joel I got an amazing SLR digital camera. Joel received... well.... a motorcycle- 2 months ago. Which counted as Christmas and Anniversary gifts. It made for a kind of sad giving day for me and a very sparce Christmas tree. But Joel was still very grateful today for the motorcycle he received a couple months ago!
Vander made out like a bandit... He received SO many toys from the family- He didn't even know what to play with first- Needless to say we have no shortage of toys in our house. I need to purge alot of old toys to make room!
We celebrated Christmas with the Ingram side of the family last week since they are in Utah... Joel took photos of that on his Iphone- but (shockingly) he has not uploaded the photos for me to access ;) Today we celebrated just with the Craig side. What an amazing and blessed day! I am so grateful for our wonderful family. Thank you to everyone who made this a Christmas to remember!!!
Warning.... Surplus of photos... I was a little trigger happy with my new camera ;)

 Checkin out his new Castle

 He was so excited!!

 Bathtime after waffles... he again enjoyed using syrup as hair gel....

 Getting ready for presents... Playing with his Christmas Present from Grammy Ingram

 Showing off the goods from his stocking

 His favorite part of his stocking- Reeses.. Of COURSE!


 New farm puzzle

 Notice his lack of excitement... He was so overwhelmed and had no idea what was happening..

 Checkin out his new tool set

 Quickly getting the hang of it. Our new handyman ;)

 These became one of his favorite toys... For the time being...
(Joel in the background on the phone with mission brother Bo) :)

 Reading "The Night Before Christmas" with Aunt Dojo

 Soccer Ball from Great Grandma and Grandpa Craig

 This picture is unfortunate and shows my growing BODY (I confess- I am aware that I am not only growing in my stomach) ;) But a family Christmas photo is a must!

 Stoked to start opening Christmas presents.. Just kidding- I made him pose like that

 Joel was SO MAD that every toy Vander got seemed to be IMPOSSIBLE to unpack. Why do they make these toys impossible to get out of the boxes??

 Wandering the house during present opening

 Checkin out his new sorting plane from Bop Bop and Grandma

 The 3 kids then proceeded to fight over the sorting plane ;)

 The grand finale- A new Little Tikes Truck from Bop Bop and Grandma

Heaven!!

Such a wonderful day! I cannot wait until next year and am very sad the Holidays are over :(
Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments: