Sunday, May 1, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011

Joel and I ran the most amazing race today that I have ever run in my life.. and I've run a lot of races!!!
The race was called the warrior dash. It was a 3.4 mile run with 12 obsticals along the way.
Obsticals were as follows:
-Jumping over 6 half walls and under 6 strands of barbed wire
-Running up and down dirt hills
-Running through a river
-Climbing over a junk yard with cars and tires
-Climbing up a 20 foot stack of hay
-Climbing up and down a cargo net
-Climbing up and down 15 foot wall with a rope
-Running over a long balance beem plank
-Running through a maze of bunge cords
-Climbing over a horizonal cargo net
-Jumping over fire pits
-Climbing through a mud pit
It was a BLAST. The obsticals were my very favorite part and the running was just kinda thrown in there. Check it out at WarriorDash.com.
The last obstical was the mud pit and it was EXTREMELY messy. Joel dove in, so he was literally covered from head to toe in mud.
After the race, you walk about 1/8 mile over to some water trucks that spray you with fire hoses. Even after being sprayed with a fire hose we were STILL covered in mud.
It was so freaking fun. Needless to say, we are already mentally signed up for Warrior Dash 2012 :)
 BEFORE: Nice and clean. We ran with a bunch of friends from work :)
 The rocks at the bottom were shredding my knees. I had to try to crawl under the barbed wire without rubbing my knees
 Joel literally JUMPED in
Joel JUMPING into the mud 
 Caked with mud :) It ended up drying and we could all barely move
 AFTER: All extremely muddy
 This is where you "rinse off".... In another pit of mud...
 As you can see, although "rinsed", we were still a mess... And then we were absolutely freezing, wet and muddy...

1 comment:

Drew and Tarah said...

Oh fun!! I love the pictures. I'm not sure how I would handle being that muddy, but it looks really fun!