Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The destroyer- 17 Months

For the record, I would like to start by saying that I know I am incredibly bias, but I think I have the sweetest most adorable little boy in the world. He is the most energetic, happy, goofy, loving little boy ever. I can honestly say that not a day goes by that I don't look at him and think of what a lucky mom I am to have such a sweetheart. That doesn't mean that he isn't a complete handful that keeps me on my feet every minute of everyday, but at least he keeps me on my feet and is a sweetheart too ;)
Vander is 17 months now, and he is an absolute BLAST. I love this stage, as I have loved every other stage, but gosh is he a riot. He has been nicknamed the destroyer. He runs from room to room literally destroying everything in his path. He pulls things down, get things out, tears things up, drops anything glass he can get his hands on, bangs on anything he can bang on- he is 100% boy. It is more clear than ever that Vander is Joel's son ;) Like father like son.. Joel often finds his patience wearing thin with Vanders destroyer demeanor. Then he reflects back to his childhood and realizes that his son is just like him. Which means we are going to have our hands full :)

Heres a few things Van is up to these days...
-Nicknames (a laundry list of them)... Boo, Boozers, Van, Duder, Dute Scoot, Scooter, Scoots...
-Favorite Foods; Mac and Cheese, Tacos/Burritos, Strawberries, Pancakes, Chicken Fingers
-Loves movies- ANY movie really, but the supreme favorite is Lion King
-Gets excited about absolutely anything and makes his excited open mouth smile
-LOVES when people visit our house
-Loves to slam his head down onto anything in sight
-Must have his blankee to sleep still
-A true lover of books. He loves reading stories and bringing us books randomly throughout the day to read
-Loves the wiggles! Thank goodness for YouTube
-Uses the doggie door as his main portal to the backyard and could spend hours out there each day
-Loves to climb on things
-Runs everywhere and loves to be chased and/or tickled by daddy
-Runs from you when he knows he has something hes not supposed to
-He is his own biggest fan. He loves watching videos of himself, looking at pictures of himself, and listening to himself jabber
-He loves helping mommy and daddy do anything- He thinks just sitting there watching or pretending to help in anyway is helping and I love it!!!
-He hates when anything spills.
-He loves to scream at the top of his lungs in resturants, the car, the shower- just about anywhere. The HIGHEST pitch scream you have ever heard
-His current obsession is animals- ANY animal really. He loves making animal sounds and carrying around his animal figurines everywhere
-He has started saying many words and will repeat almost any individual word you ask him to. His clearest words however are "Ball" and "Owie"

I could go on and on because he is up to SO much, but I will leave it at that. We ADORE him and his zest for life is infectous. We are so lucky to have him :)







No comments: